In old times, some of us used WinMobiles, as they were “cool” thing by that time, because it was like a mini windows, so it could execute .exe applications. That was some kind of innovation for phones, to execute applications on mobile phones. However, after several years has gone, they become obsolete and forgotten forever.
For Windows Phones (7+)
there are updates everytime, so search sofware in Google;
For older version Windows Mobiles(6+) (Called Pocket PC too)
At first, you can install Program on your PC to manage(connect with) your Mobile.
-For XP: Microsoft ActiveSync
-For Vista,7,8 (or later): Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center (then open from control panel> WIndows mobile center)
========== MUST HAVE PROGRAMS FOR WM (view download link in the bottom) ===========
1) Net framework 3.5 (in case your PocketPC doesnt have it built-in installed, then adviced to install it, as many applications require it).
2) Browsers (UC BROWSER; OPERA BROWSER)
3) Quick Application-window Switchers[install and use only one of them!!] (Magic Button(this is the best!); ArkSwitch MM task manager😉
4) If your phone alarm doesnt work, then you’d better to use 3rd party Alarms (SPB time; Touch Alarm; )
5) Settings Optimizer (DiamondTweak)
6) Install Unicode fonts(read more)
7) Watch applications,processes and edit Registry too (DFN Manager. read more)
9) Image viewers+zooming (XNview; Simple image viewer)
10) Notes (Typenote[reads&creates .txt files])
11) Advanced file browser (Total Commander)
12) Connect PC/Laptop to internet through your Mobile (WMWifiRouter [supports USB, BLUETOOTH and WIFI connecting])
13) Skype for wm 6.5
14) Screen Lockers – if you mobile default “Scree Lock” doesnt work well, you can use this software.