I used FireFox Standard version as my default browser for years, didnt know about Developer version during so many years (Although I used Firebug Addon, it was not quite flexible for me for HTML/CSS elements in specific cases, and I still used default Inspect Element button)…
However, even after 6 months of using FF Developer version, I’ve finally decided to switch to Google Chrome from my abide Firefox Browser.
Why I used FireFox
I dont know why I used Firefox so intensively, but maybe there were two reasons:
- First – from the beginning I’ve collected many bookmarks,bars and custom addons for FF and I was a bit lazy to migrate everything to Chrome
- Second – I liked FF because I thought it was less vulnerable to viruses, malwares, adwares and etc..
- (and Third – I didnt like Chrome for some reasons till now).
However, for developers, actually it doesnt supported many features, that is supported in Chrome.
Why I prefer Chrome
Chrome seems for me better for many reasons:
- Used by most of the users worldwide
- Feature-rich for developers
- Flexible UI
- Frankly speaking, I see a noticeable difference between Chrome and FF with regard to time which is needed to load/render a page (check yourself, open any “heavy” site in both of them). Firefox seemed significantly slow to render/output site, as opposed to Chrome.
- Many Extensions and APPs , that is not available in FF (Although, FF repository is also large) and much more prospective it is.
Also, for example, I couldn’t modify Cookies (unless i used DEV version and FireBug), I had problems to do one of the most important things – “search a string through all loaded scripts” (in Chrome, simply
CTRL+SHIFT+F), and some more problems … Shortly, Chrome also has many features I needed.. Finally, I thought it was time to switch and migrate, as I cant work with FF anymore…
However, If I am subjective, you might give it a try and tell yourself.
p.s. In case you want to migrate your Bookmarks Bar, you’d better use HTML EXPORT method from FF.